Pets are our second children (or first)! We love them and we treat with respect and affection, just like any other member of the family (maybe even better, oops). If you have a dog or a cat, you know the monthly costs for their food and if they get sick, well that’s another topic to talk about but you know the emotional and financial stress that this can cause. Many people cook to their pets.
No matter how funny or time-consuming this might sound to you, it’s actually a great idea because:
- You save money by using the ingredients that you have at home or the leftovers from the products that you use to prepare your meal.
- You know that your pet is eating healthy.
- You don’t have to worry or rush to the pet shop when there’s no food and your pet is literally asking you to feed them (or yelling, in case you have a cat).
- You can store and freeze the food and it will still be healthier than the bought one.
- Your pet can eat from your meal!
Here are few easy recipes.
1. Turkey with brown rice and veggies
Sounds like something you can cook for you and the family. Why not, just serve it according to human standards.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/1 cup cooked ground turkey or chicken
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 grated zucchini
- 3 tbsps. green peas
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- Using the Delimano MultiFresh™ Food Processor equipped with the circular disc with the grating attachment, grate the carrots and zucchini in no time and without waste!
- Prepare and cook the ingredients, add in a saucepan or a larger bowl and stir well until combined.
2. Sweet potato treats
Need some sweet treat for when you take your dog in the park? Check these!
All you need is one large sweet potato (or more, if you want to have the treats in bulk) and peanut butter (optional).
Cut the potato by length on very thin slices. Brush with melted peanut butter (optional) and bake for 20 minutes in a previously heated oven on 150°C. Ta-da-daam! Treats are ready to be eaten.
3. Tuna patties for your cat
- 1 can minced tuna
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup minced cooked liver
- Handful of minced parsley
Add the ingredients in a bowl and stir well until combined. Make medium-sized balls and re-form them into patties. Store the food in the fridge and serve at room temperature.