After a great lunch is added a great dessert. No matter how full we are there is still a place for dessert, because: “Dessert is not for stomach, dessert is for heart.” Homemade cake is more than a great choice, because you exactly know what you put in and it also becomes more juicy and delicious every day that is storage in refrigerator. We introduce you recipe for carrot cake in which preparing it your great helper will be Revolutionary 5in1 Machine MultiFresh ™.
Ingredients for cake (⌀ 26cm):
- 3 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 250 ml oil
- 400 g carrots
- 325 g flour
- 1 packet baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp grounded cloves
- ¼ tsp grounded nutmeg
- ½ tsp grounded ginger
- 2 tsp grounded cinnamon
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 50 g hazelnuts
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for cream:
- Few tbsp apricot jam
- 500g mascarpone
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- Grated rind of a half of lemon ( = 1 tsp of dried)
- Grated rind of a half of orange ( = 1 tsp of dried)
- 2 packets vanilla sugar
Ingredients for glaze:
- 100 g white chocolate (preferably some couverture)
- 40 ml whipping cream
- The cake
- Grate carrots: Using the Delimano MultiFresh™ Food Processor equipped with the circular disc with the grating attachment, grate the carrots. (If you want to soften the taste of the carrots in the cake, change attachment to double blade and pulse a few times).
- Grind the hazelnuts: Add hazelnuts into MultiFresh™ grinder and pulse a few times until desired consistency. If you like bigger chunks, you can use them as well.
If you do not have grounded cloves, you can grind them using the MultiFresh™ grinder.
- Mix dry ingredients and spices.
- On a high speed mix eggs with sugar until creamy. Add oil, then add grated carrots and mix well.
- Add the dry mix. The mixture will be a little bit runny (similar to muffin batter).
- Pour into a baking tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once baked, let it cool down completely (preferably overnight).
- The cream
Put all listed ingredients except the jam into the MultiFresh™ Food Processor bowl equipped with the whisk. Mix on blned function (B) until you get thick consistency (cca 5 cycles).
- Assembling the cake
- Cut the biscuit in half.
- Cover the first layer with some apricot jam, followed with half of the cream.
- Add the second half of the cake, spread on the jam and cover whole cake with the rest of the cream.
- Put into the fridge while preparing the glaze.
- The glaze
- Break chocolate into smaller chunks in a smaller bowl.
- Warm up the sweet cream (do not boil it!).
- Cover the chunks with hot cream and let it sit for a minute.
- Stir well until the chocolate is melted.
- Cover the chilled cake with the glaze.
- Put it in a fridge, preferably overnight.