These rolls are vegetarian, but they’re so awesome that you won’t even think of meat. They’re nutritional, rich in iron and protein and are easy to make in bigger amounts for when you’re throwing an awesome finger food party. Ok, let’s betray one more ingredient and make sure you’re going to try them. These awesome pastry rolls are flavored with sweet potato filling! So, where you headed to? To the kitchen, of course.
- Delimano multifresh™
- 2 sheets ready roll pastry
- 1 large egg
- 400 g soaked and drained chickpeas
- 200 g sweet potatoe
- 100 g fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 20 g butter
- 100 g feta cheese
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Chop the red onion and cook it in a frying pan with butter until done. Grate the sweet potato and add it to the pan.
- Stir and cook for 10-13 minutes until the grated potatoes become soft.
- Add water, ground cumin, sesame and parsley, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes more on low heat.
- Chop or tear the spinach with your hands and add in the frying pan.
- Cook this mixture until everything is combined and the spinach is soft and cooked.
- You may want to use baby spinach if you want a creamy mixture.
- In a MultiFresh™ food processor, add the chickpeas, 1 tbsp of olive oil and mustard, use blade disc and select blending function (B).
- Remove the mass and add to the frying pan, cooking and stirring continually for 5 minutes.
- Season the whole mixture with black pepper and salt.
- Remove the veggies from the stove and let cool. Meanwhile, defrost the ready roll pastry and place it in a baking tray.
- Brush the pastry with 1 beaten egg.
- In the frying pan with the veggies, dice the feta cheese and stir gently.
- With the help of teaspoon or fork, place and spread the mixture onto the pastry.
- Gently roll it into one big sausage-like piece. Repeat step for the second pastry sheet, sprinkle with sesame and place them in a large plate.
- Leave in fridge to cool for 20 minutes (this gives them special softness after they’re baked).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, place the rolls in a baking tray with parchment paper, cut them into small rolls and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Bon appetit! 🙂